The culinary traveller

The culinary traveller
Enjoying a beavertail...the official treat of Canada's capital city!!!

Welcome to my blog all you food and wine lovers!!!!

Ottawa isn't always the first place people think of when it comes to good eats and tempting beverages....they are wrong!!! I've been told by many people I have a great palete and true sense of curiosity, adventure and passion for food. Join me on my culinary travels around this city, to find the best places to eat including the real hidden gems to explore on the food front that the Nation's capital has to offer!!! I am very honest in my opinion on food experiences and open to comments from the peanut gallery out there on what other people love as well. Please enjoy!!! I hope this information is helpful!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Best Panini on a Lunch Break!!!!....

...they're found at none other then....Calvina's on Laurier my friends...so many different sandwiches to choose from, grilled up to perfection in their panini press and they come with the make-it-a-combo option to include a side salad and a pop for cheap, cheap! My co-workers tipped me off to this place and whenever I've forgotten to pack a lunch or need to get a quick snack and want to be sure it will be satisfying...this is the place to go! I've made some true believers of other friends too, who'd never heard of it but love a good panini, they too are now on board the Calvina's train. There are also other lunch time dishes served cafeteria style to choose from if you are feeling like more than a sandwich-classics, like pizza, shepherd's pie and perogies along with some delicious desserts...including one of THE best pieces of apple torte....I've ever had.

The panini sandwiches are where it's at though in my books-choose from monte cristo, feta, spinach and tomato (my new fav), greek, bacon and chicken, grilled veggies and the list goes on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment