The culinary traveller

The culinary traveller
Enjoying a beavertail...the official treat of Canada's capital city!!!

Welcome to my blog all you food and wine lovers!!!!

Ottawa isn't always the first place people think of when it comes to good eats and tempting beverages....they are wrong!!! I've been told by many people I have a great palete and true sense of curiosity, adventure and passion for food. Join me on my culinary travels around this city, to find the best places to eat including the real hidden gems to explore on the food front that the Nation's capital has to offer!!! I am very honest in my opinion on food experiences and open to comments from the peanut gallery out there on what other people love as well. Please enjoy!!! I hope this information is helpful!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Shawarma in Ottawa....

It's like finding poutine or smoked meat in Montreal....it's everywhere in this city! I just had a falafal shawarma this week, near my office at a place called Orient House. It was pretty tasty...as shawarma that I've had goes...but I've yet to find the ultimate shawarma location here in the nation's capital, the place that is above all others. However, there are a lot of options, guess it's time to keep searching. Over all this type of sandwich for those not familiar with it, is a delicious Middle Eastern wrap made with the combination of pickled turnips, pickles, garlic sauce, marinated meat and other veggie toppings....a cheap and yummy sandwich in general and you know that I love a good sandwich!!! There are other variations on this style of sandwich but not similar just to note i.e. a donair, gyro etc. The sandwich search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment