The culinary traveller

The culinary traveller
Enjoying a beavertail...the official treat of Canada's capital city!!!

Welcome to my blog all you food and wine lovers!!!!

Ottawa isn't always the first place people think of when it comes to good eats and tempting beverages....they are wrong!!! I've been told by many people I have a great palete and true sense of curiosity, adventure and passion for food. Join me on my culinary travels around this city, to find the best places to eat including the real hidden gems to explore on the food front that the Nation's capital has to offer!!! I am very honest in my opinion on food experiences and open to comments from the peanut gallery out there on what other people love as well. Please enjoy!!! I hope this information is helpful!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Real Scone Experience....

This morning I had a major scone craving, I'm Irish what can I say, scones and beer tend to be my weaknesses....not together of course though! So I headed on over to the Scone Witch...it always lives up to my expectations and is super busy on the weekends which is a good sign and means others share my feeling on it too! I enjoy the fact that there is a good selection of both sweet and savory options. I think my favorites include the herb and feta and the currant and ginger scones. I also like the fact that you can turn your scone into a sandwich or get jams or Devon cream on it too. The one thing I will say though is that I think they should try experimenting a bit more with new flavors, maybe even have a flavor of the week or month. That would be super appealing, so just a thought. I have heard that you can buy the dough and make them at home, which for some people is convienant I'm sure, because then you can freeze the dough and bake them up anytime. I haven't tried this myself yet, probably because when I crave them, I want to eat them right away! The Scone Witch, they know how to make a tasty scone and there are two locations in the city to find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment